Tuesday, August 3, 2010

School Lunch Money

My DH and I just got home from visiting his family in Atlanta, Georgia. We went there as a surprise for his father's 60th birthday. While at the party, Jimmy had a chance to chat with an old friend from high school. She informed us that their 10 year reunion was the following night. We went to Georgia to see his family but what are the chances that the reunion would happen to be the same weekend? So of course, we decided to go.

The reunion was being held about 45 minutes away and we were wondering how much it would cost and if we really cared to pay it. Of course it came as no surprise to anyone when Jimmy's mom immediately grabbed her purse when she heard our musings about coughing up dough for such a seemingly worthless event.

Hence, we decided to check it out and drug his brother, Larry and future sister in law, Alison with us. When we got there I was disgusted for the second time that they were charging 60 bucks for something you can get for free on Facebook! My first disgust came from seeing the kind of people who went to his highschool. It looked more like a 30 year reunion. For every sweater tied around a guys shoulders, there was a pound of make on each girl. MY eyes are still burning from all of the pastel button-up shirts I saw that night.

I Immediately turned to leave and was stunned when Jimmy turned to his wallet! My shock immediately subsided when he told me that his mom gave him a cool hundred bucks to pay for the event. Long story short: Larry, Alison and I informed Jimmy that we would be sneaking in. There was no way we were about to pay a collective $240 for some lame douche-bag filled reunion. We were especially grossed out that Jimmy actually wanted to pay to get in! Coming from the guy who has faked having a child to get free stuff, snuck into multiple movies in his life and even pretended a handicapped lady was his mom so he could get priority seating at a comic book convention. It ended up that Jimmy was happy we crashed because he had to use his school money for the cash bar. After about 5 minutes, we decided to go home and leave Jimmy to his reminiscing.

I find it so funny that at the drop of a hat, Jimmy's mom gives her grown son a hundred bucks to use for school and that is still about 79 dollars more than I ever received through my entire Jr. and High school years combined. Thats why when his mom slipped him another 60 bucks when she dropped us off at the airport, I didn't feel bad at all confiscating all three Andrew Jacksons.


No comments:

Post a Comment