Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mean Mommy

I now understand why my mom was always yelling at us kids growing up.... because that is the only thing that worked! When asked nicely, children don't take orders seriously since obviously mom doesn't REALLY want it done because she isn't serious (i.e. she isn't screaming mad).

This is essentially what I have to do with my husband. It would be great if I wasn't a yeller and I will be the first to admit that I seem to get to hollering pretty easy. I wanna blame my mom for teaching me that, but I realized that I only get to that place after asking nicely no less than 10 times.

Last night Jimmy and I had a fight about the fact that we need to till and re-sod the yard this weekend because he hates mowing around our strategically placed grass/rock bed/weed garden from hell. So the plan is to take it all out and just have a normal flat grassy yard. He poisoned the entire front yard 3 weeks ago in prep for the big overhaul. So now that everything is dead, and looks oh so lovely might I add, it's finally time to get in there and get our hands dirty. Jimmy claims he can only dedicate Saturday to the yard since he has "Geek Show" on Sunday. In case you were wondering: "Geek Show podcast" http://www.thegeekshowpodcast.com/ Is essentially 6-7 guys sitting around talking about geeky movies, comic books, super heroes and anything else that would repel a woman.

Anyway, when I tell him that our disgusting-neighbor offending-yard comes before the lame podcast, he goes into this giant diatribe about how we couldn't get it all done in two days anyway and how we haven't gotten rid of the rocks and how there is still a cut down dead tree we need to deal with. And of course "we" means "me". He tried to rationalize by saying that geek show would only take 2 hours ( he started the argument
by saying it would only take 4). Long story short I tell him that if he goes to the Geek Show instead of finishing our yard, I would be livid.
His response you ask? "Well, then I guess you will just be livid."
The shit hiteth the fan-eth.
Basically the next hour went from me yelling to storming out of the room and of course yelling more because he kept arguing after I left, and then he followed me, So it ended with me eventually crying of course. This is pretty much how all of our bad arguments go. He acts selfish, I flip out, he acts even more selfish and immature because I have now turned into mean mommy, and then I tire out and start to break down and that is when he finally relents and says he was wrong and sorry and that he loves me more than anything. He ended up actually skipping a free movie screening in order to spend the night hauling rocks out of the yard.




I know he would do anything for me and I have lost count of how many times he has said; "All I want to do is make you happy. I just want to see you smile." I just wish that I didn't have to get to the point of tears along with making several proclamations about how depressing it is that I married a man who is actually a 5 year old boy with a DVD remote in one hand and a light saber in the other.




5 comments:

  1. It kind of bugs me that there are men out there that treat women like shit, until said women start crying. I myself hate it when I start crying. I don't want to be known as the weaker sex.

    I say, stand up to him. Don't let him get you to that stage. errrr, I could go on and on but you don't even know me so I will zip it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you are talking about!!!! I'm sorry. :( We need to get together soon! I miss my Lovely Sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well maybe you didn't notice, but I did stand up for myself since he ended up working on the yard that night as well as every single night this week... whislt I gazed on and worked on a craft project! As well as taking me on a dinner date last night!

    I wouldn't be with the guy if the tears happened more than the laughs. He honestly makes me laugh every single day. I cry like twice a year. Pretty damn good trade of I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and April I totally agree! Remember when I mentioned that I wanted u to come for the 4th? I am so looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete