Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Little Boy Summer Camp!

Something monumental happened this week! My Husband's new xbox came in and he DIDN'T EVEN OPEN IT!

Has all my nagging finally paid off and I can finally celebrate the joyus end of his childhood? Has he come to his senses and realized that nerdy video games are rotting his brain and he would much rather spend his time weeding the garden while I sip a spiked snow cone? Is PlayStation sending him sleuthy subliminal messages to his cell phone all "Big Brother style" telling him that Xbox is spawn of Satan?


Le sigh..... Those all sound like a dream come true don't they? Actually is sounds more like Hell froze over because I think dreams actually do come true. The reason he didn't open his brand new xbox delivered right to his door all primed and shiny for the playing?


He was leaving that same night for LA because he was going to little boy's Summer camp: A Video Game Convention! Yes my DH is at what is called E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) http://www.e3expo.com/ . Just so you can fully understand how nerdy and adorably immature he is, I have complied a list of his facebook updates he has posted since being there for the last 2 days:


Jimmy: is sitting in the airport waiting to board a plane in order to play video games for three days straight. E3 here I come!
Monday at 7:04pm · Comment ·Like

Jimmy: About to check out the demonstration for THQ's Homeland...Then it's off to show MTV Games and Harmonix how Rock Band 3 is supposed to be played vocally!
Yesterday at 1:52pm · Comment ·Like


Jimmy: Played the new Tron game (They loved my Flynn Lives shirt) and rocked out on a light cycle! If the movie's half as cool as the game, then GET ME TO DECEMBER!!
Yesterday at 3:50pm · Comment ·Like


Jimmy: Day Two of E3 starts right now ... And ... Here ... We ... Go! 13 hours ago · Comment ·Like



Jimmy: God bless Sony Online Entertainment's free cocktail hour and God bless Iron Man!
4 hours ago via Twitter · Comment ·Like @slugfilmcritic on Twitter

Kat : With all of the blessings you have given Iron Man already. I really don't think you need God's help!
32 minutes ago · Comment -Like

RIGHT, so that second post is some new nerd language for all I know because I can't understand one friggin' word of it. The fourth post "And here we go" is a quote from Batman! Mind you, this has all been in just 48 hours and that is even with me leaving some of it out! I almost didn't re-post that God Bless Iron man one because it is a little too embarrassing. He is quite obsessed with Iron Man- well War Machine rather- but that is a whole 'nother can of blog!

So obviously I have been home alone for the past few days, just me and our new dog Flynn (yes he is named after something having to do with the movie Tron). So right about now, you are probably thinking to yourself: "I bet she is sleeping like a dude when the baby is crying, since her hubby is outta town!" Yea- I was expecting the same thing! I have the bed all to myself, lights and T.V. off, curtains closed and just the right amount of down comforter to sheet ratio. I was certain this formula would ensure some serious sleep that only takes 30 minutes but feels more like 100 years. To my dismay, It was the worst nights sleep of my life! I was hot and then cold. I was uncomfortable, restless, sleepless, dreamless. I felt uneasy, kinda scared and lonely.

I guess that when momma gets a night off, at first she enjoys the break, but after a day or two you realize that part of you is missing and you just aren't right unless your amazing little boy is back where he belongs: Snoring like a gremlin right next to you.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny. I think you should hide his new Xbox. hahahaha. That would be hilarious. He will get all baby whiny and you can play the "I really don't think it came", even tho it was there before he left. Come on. I triple dog dare you.

    ReplyDelete